This event is now closed.
Download the full recording here.
View all the presentation slides here.
Discovery Health is South Africa’s largest healthcare funder, managing fourteen medical schemes, including the Discovery Health Medical Scheme, which covers more than 2.6 million lives. Discovery is recognised worldwide for its innovative, incentive-based Vitality programme, which rewards scheme members who demonstrably pursue a healthy lifestyle. Rewards are linked to the level of physical activity, healthy eating, preventive screening and maintaining a healthy body weight.
In this Expert Forum, we will explore how the Vitality model could be adapted to low-resource settings to optimise health outcomes. This is particularly relevant as countries around the world work towards universal access to health coverage.
Join us on Thursday, 7 September at 15:00 CET for what promises to be a fascinating discussion between our four panellists and moderator:
- Dr. Thomas Brennan, Head of Special Projects, Technology and Innovation, Discovery Health, South Africa
- Barbara Chesire-Chabbaga, Lead Consultant, AB Consultants, Kenya
- Iulian Circo, CEO & Co-founder, Triggerise, South Africa
- Gayathri Sakthirajan, CEO, People Mutuals, DHAN Foundation, India
- Moderator - Katharine Pulvermacher, Executive Director, Microinsurance Network, Luxembourg
Register here to secure your space at this exciting upcoming forum.
What are Expert Forums?
Expert Forums are virtual events with a great opportunity to learn about the latest trends in microinsurance, exchange expertise and stay ahead of the curve. They are designed in an interactive manner, enabling participants to raise questions and participate in in depth discussions on specific topical areas for development of the sector.