The Network has a long-standing relationship with the International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS) and the Access to Insurance Initiative (A2ii), and through this relationship provides a neutral platform for dialogue amongst regulators and the industry with the objective of fostering the development of microinsurance-enabling regulatory environments across different nations.
Since 2013 the Microinsurance Network, IAIS and A2ii have organised eight joint Consultative Forums on matters of regulation and microinsurance, bringing together national regulators, supervisors and industry representatives on topics such as distribution, client value, consumer education and insurance service sustainability, consumer protection and inclusive insurance markets. Each Consultative Forum results in a brief note summarising and highlighting key lessons learned for regulators and the wider industry.
Going forward, the Forums will be held on a tri-annual basis. For information on the topic and scheduling of the next Consultative Forum consult our events page. The next Forum is set for Q1 2017 at a location TBD.
Consultative Forum Notes
- 8th Consultative Forum Note: Challenges and opportunities presented by alternative distribution channels, December 2016, San José, Costa Rica (coming soon)
- 7th Consultative Forum Note: The role of MCCOs in inclusive insurance markets, November 2016, Colombo, Sri Lanka (coming soon)
- 6th Consultative Forum Note: Innovative products for the emerging consumer, May 2016, Marrakesh, Morocco (pdf) (pdf FR) (pdf ES)
- 5th Consultative Forum Note: Consumer education - old questions, new thinking, November 2015, Casablanca, Morocco (pdf) (pdf FR)
- 4th Consultative Forum Note: Encouraging the industry in Africa to provide sustainable insurance services to the unserved, May 2015, Tunis, Tunisia. (pdf) (pdf FR)
- 3rd Consultative Forum Note: Mass and Microinsurance - Consumer Protection in Inclusive Insurance Markets, November 2014, Mexico City, Mexico (pdf) (pdf FR)
- 2nd Consultative Forum Note: Challenges and opportunities in enhancing client value in insurance – the African experience with new technologies, June 2014, Kigali, Rwanda (pdf)
- 1st Consultative Forum Note: Business models, distribution and their regulatory implications, November 2013, Jakarta, Indonesia (pdf)
Find out about other events in microinsurance on our events calendar at this link
Read more about the International Microinsurance Conference at this link