The Network June Member Meeting (JMM) is the annual meeting for the members of the Network to gain insights into key areas of development in the sector, participate in discussions on topical issues in a relaxed and friendly professional environment, and connect and develop personal relationships with important players in the field.
The 2015 June Member Meeting “Translating global policy into local action” brought together some 50 members of the Microinsurance Network ranging from insurers, regulators, researchers and donor organisations to discuss current trends, emerging practices and new products in the microinsurance sector. The meeting was characterised by a range of speakers and presentation formats to facilitate engaging and thought provoking discussions on cutting edge microinsurance topics including:
- The role of microinsurance in leveraging technology to deliver primary health care, presented by Rupalee Ruchismita from the Resilience Design and Research Labs and Dr. Ajay Nair, Co-Founder and Managing Director of MeraDoctor.
- Microhealth insurance case studies in Kenya and Nigeria presented by Diederik van Eck from PharmAccess Foundation.
- Channels of distribution, mobile phone technology and criteria for success, introduced by Brandon Mathews from Stonestep
- The role of subsidies in agriculture microinsurance, debated by Emily Coleman from IFAD, Roland Steinmann from the MicroInsurance Centre, and Thomas Wiechers from GIZ, with moderation by Philippe Guichandut from the Grameen Crédit Agricole Microfinance Foundation.
- Client protection and regulation in the microinsurance sector, debated by Denis Garand from Denis Garand Associates, Mandla Shezi from Hollard, Martina Wiedmaier-Pfister from GIZ- on behalf of BMZ, and Christian Loots from the Centre for Financial Regulation and Inclusion (CENFRI), with moderation from Manoj Pandey from the Microinsurance Network.
For more details download the reports below:
- JMM 2016 (Pdf) - Development: A prerequisite for success in microinsurance?
- JMM 2015 (Pdf) - Translating global policy into local action
- JMM 2014 (Pdf) - Putting clients first