David Dror, Micro Insurance Academy (MIA)
David Mark Dror is the Chairman of the Micro Insurance Academy and Professor, Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Founding Chairman of the Micro Insurance Academy, a first of its kind Charitable Trust dedicated to training, consultancy and research enabling grassroots organizations to launch microinsurance from the ground up;
- Over 20 years’ experience as a senior social protection specialist (including diplomatic-level international service with ILO/Social Protection Sector, at its Geneva Headquarters). The conceptual work of linking mutual schemes at grassroots levels to reinsurance (known as Social Re concept) was initiated during that period. It was further elaborated and tested (both theoretically and with field evidence) during the last few years, and is now gaining recognition as a new approach to sustainable community health financing;
- Many years’ experience in conducting applied research independently in the domain of (micro) health insurance, with household surveys devised and conducted in Philippines, South Africa and India (eight regions in India so far); and other consultancy services in India (multiple states), Nepal, South Africa, Philippines, Kyrgyzstan, Ethiopia, and Sri Lanka;
- Academic experience in teaching and research, with professorial nomination at Erasmus University Rotterdam (Institute for Health Policy & Management) and at CERDI/University of Clermont-Ferrand, France;
- Extensive multi-lingual and multi-cultural interactions with all levels of professionals to effectively network, collaborate, negotiate and maintain positive partnerships, and harmonize cultural and gender differences. Extensive international travel, in over 75 countries.
Access to papers: http://papers.ssrn.com/author=183410
Network role: Member
Working group: Capacity Building; Health; Impact; Technology
Email address: daviddror(at)socialre.org
How to become a member