The Microinsurance Network is a growing platform of more than 80 institutional and 30 individual members from over 40 countries. To learn more about our members consult our member directory.
Apply for membership
What’s in it for you?
The Microinsurance Network provides members with the unique opportunity to:
- Stay up-to-date on the latest microinsurance news: Gain insider knowledge on most recent sector trends and innovations through Network weekly updates.
- Gain access to peers and influence best practices: Discuss topical issues with industry experts and regulators in a relaxed and friendly professional environment though Network Expert Forums and Consultative Forums, and connect and develop personal relationships with important players in the field.
- Receive invitations to member-only events such as the June Member Meeting, the member event at the International Microinsurance Conference, local member meetings and others and let yourself be known in the microinsurance arena.
- Shape the Network’s agenda and take part in the decision-making processes by participating in the Network General Assembly and related expert discussions, determine the strategic priorities of the Network and influence where the sector is heading.
- Highlight your work and expertise in microinsurance: List your profile and expertise on the Network website and member directory. Benefit from opportunities to present your work at key microinsurance events and gain further visibility through the Network’s communication and advocacy work.
The Network's video
Join the Network!
The Microinsurance Network is open for new membership applications. The Microinsurance Network proposes three types of membership:
- Individual member (200 EUR) for persons engaged in this field
- Institutional member (three categories: 750 EUR, 1500 EUR, 2500 EUR and above) for organisations involved in microinsurance.
- Sponsor member (from 5000 EUR onwards)
For organisations supportive of microinsurance and interested in receiving additional visibility. To learn more about how to become a sponsor member, please contact our secretariat.
The institutional membership fees are based on an honour system and organisations are requested to choose their category. For larger institutions the membership fee will be tailored to the net written premium of the organisation. To learn more about how to select the appropriate fee please contact our secretariat.
Who can apply?
Organisations and individuals, who are involved in microinsurance, share the Microinsurance Network’s mission, are committed to actively contribute to the creation of public goods and participate in the Network’s activities, can apply for membership online.
Your application, once complete, will be submitted to the Board of directors for validation. Membership applications are reviewed on a monthly basis.
If you are not eligible to become a member, you can nonetheless participate to online debates by becoming a website user and contributing blogs, comments, and job postings.
Disclaimer: Each member of the Microinsurance Network is solely responsible for ensuring the quality and sustainability of their microinsurance activities. Membership to the Microinsurance Network is not in any way an endorsement of individual or institutional members or their activities. Therefore the Microinsurance Network cannot be held liable in any manner for its members’ activities.