The Research Discussion Group aims to provide a platform for researchers from different disciplines and regions to discuss, share information and undertake activities that create value for researchers working on microinsurance.
The discussion group decided to change its name from Academics to Research in order to ensure that people and organisations involved in research but not affiliated to a university would feel welcome.
The discussion group met at the Network’s member meeting in June 2012 in Königstein, Germany, and decided to amend its objectives slightly to coincide with its name change.
In 2012, the discussion group will:
- Support the organisation of the 2012 Research Conference on Microinsurance, which will consist of:
- Three plenary key notes;
- Three plenary panel discussions;
- 19 parallel session;
- More than 50 presentations of microinsurance papers;
- 5 PhD research proposal presentations.
- Publish a conference report with a group of microinsurance PhD researchers.
- Establish the ‘next steps’ and workplan of the discussion group with potential research collaborations to serve as input.
The discussion group first met at the Network’s June member meeting to make an inventory of potential activities, which focused mainly on identifying researchers for collaboration.
Mode of operations